extension cord recommendation for electric mower needed

I just purchased my first lawn mower. It is a Black & Decker Lawn Hog 12 Amp 18" Electric Mulching Mower model MM575. The table for selecting an extension cord is confusing. The model is recommended for lawns up to 100'.

The cords listed for 12-16 Amps are 120V SJTW 14/3 for 25 feet and 12/3 for

50 feet. No recommendations at all for over 50 feet. You can see my confusion since it is supposed to be recommended for 100' lawns.

I need 75' to reach my fence line and parkway. Should I go with a SJTW 12/3 gauge 50 foot cord and add a 25 foot cord when mowing the perimeters? Or should I get a SJTW 10/3 cord (not even mentioned at all in the table)?

Jawfish

Reply to
Jawfish

An extension cable with 12/3 wire will be fine. 12/3 cable can easily carry 12 amps at 75 feet.

Reply to
Bill R

Jawfish I just purchased my first lawn mower.

It is a Black & Decker Lawn Hog 12 Amp 18" Electric Mulching Mowe model MM575. The table for selecting an extension cord is confusing. The model is recommended for lawns up to 100'.

The cords listed for 12-16 Amps are 120V SJTW 14/3 for 25 feet an

12/3 for 50 feet. No recommendations at all for over 50 feet. You can see my confusion since it is supposed to be recommended fo 100' lawns.

I need 75' to reach my fence line and parkway. Should I go with a SJTW 12/3 gauge 50 foot cord and add a 25 foot cor when mowing the perimeters? Or should I get a SJTW 10/3 cord (not even mentioned at all in th table)?

Jawfish

i know that this cord is a little more than what u wanted but to me would rather go the 100 foot cord than have two sections of cordin that might be of different gauges and amperages. maybe try the lin below it should give u the information u need to enable u to find cord for your mower. good luck, sockiescat.

sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat