Essex Snails - hardly the French variety and not very tasty

Snails. They are the biggest pest I have. On a warm, wet evening, the

arrive in my garden and chew my plants to bits. By the time I wake u from my slumber I have a garden that looks like something that woul only destroy a mans soul.

I tried all the recommended stuff - beer traps (got drunk setting the up), up-turned grapefruit (overdosed on Vit C) and even crawling on m hands and knees picking them up one-by-one and putting them in a bucke of soapy water (sore knees - bad back).

So I resorted to slug pellets. I didn't want to but the snails ha declared war and I felt I had little choice. They work, and they reall do. Over the last three days I have counted 132 dead snails in my littl garden, but I feel cruel and I'm worried about my toddler and other wil life. I guess if I was french I would be happy about this influx o escargot but then I'm British and the only thing I like from france i red wine, which does not attract my snails either (how stupid the are).

Is there any other alternative

-- jacobsdad

Reply to
jacobsdad

Iron phosphate is said to be safer and I find it works but needs to be reapplied continuously. Hand picking moist evenings with a flashlight works too.

Doug