Dwarf Japanese Maples

I was thinking of planting a dwarf Japanese Maple in my yard. It is close to my pond (rubber lined) and am concerned about the roots penetrating the pond. Does anyone know what kind of roots these put out? I know people grow them in pots, so I was thinking the root structure must be pretty small.

No, no worries at all.
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com