dry and hot here

31 degrees here today. a couple of mm of rain in the last month, hot sunny weather. Everything is wilting, me & the dogs included. We missed all our late December rain.
rob
George.com wrote:

32 degrees here but unfortunately that's degrees F ;(
Frank
George.com wrote:

Well, on a positive note, I've already had a few ripe tomatoes. Much, much earlier than last year. Although I think that it is mainly due to switching to a cherry-sized variety called "Sweet 100."
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com /

Here in Texas too. Even my redbuds are blooming! It rained a few hundredths of an inch last night which isn't enough to wash the mountain cedar pollen out of the air. Poor people wth allergies are dying. This cedar fever is causing people to get major throat infections, ear and sinus as well.
WE NEED RAIN in a very slow, gentle way, for a good month, or our beautiful bluebonnets are toast.

I solved that problem by deciding that I desperately needed shorts. I sat down to make them and it turned cold and rainy.
wrote in message

shorts will be the order of the day next week when I go back to work after the summer holiday. Not sure the boss will like me parading around the office in shorts however I AM not wearing trousers in this heat. Luckily the first couple of weeks will be quiet so i may get away with it.
rob
George.com wrote:

Being on the other side of the world (and equator) I wish that it would get up to 31 degrees here (31 degrees fahrenheit, that is). This weekend the temperature is suppose to be in the single digits. Everything is frozen solid!
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years
Bill R wrote:

Not looking forward to shoveling 2-3 inches of global warming off drive and walks tomorrow ;(
Frank