Discretion in dealing with gardener spouse

Page 2 of 2

of
good
approach;
or
altogether.
case,
I've met someone worse than this guy. A lady claimed to have got hold of some "illegal" poisons to smear on her front yard plants, just to keep away the pets and the marauding children. Or maybe the idea was "kill them it will teach them a lesson". Anyways, she was completely wacko.
Hire a professional landscaper to review your layout and make suggestions.
Dick

Unfortunately I can sympathize with your wife. I also seem to plant too close to the house and DH comes out and kindly asks me if I have done any research about the plant or checked with the wonderful people on this newsgroup before I planted my new friend. Of course in my excitement to get it in the ground (due to happiness, time constraints as well as being in the mood), I want to quickly get it in the ground so I can admire the color and the beauty. I never seem to think about the future and how big it will get or whether it will overshadow other plants or if other plants in full bloom will overshadow my new friend. I really hate to admit that my DH is right (usually 95% of the time, which is truly aggravating!) and mumble the entire time I dig up my new friend and move it away from the house or plant it in a different spot. Of course I get over my grumbling when I can really admire my friend the next year and seems it is in the perfect spot it is now in. I guess after 23 years, DH is used to me by now! What I'm getting at, is maybe it is how you approach your spouse and how you say it rather than just what you say. It works for my DH!
loony