Dahlia Question

I have an old Dahlia tuber from my Grandmother that I've kept alive for the past 20 years or so and this year the tuber never shot new growth so about a month ago I gently dug the tuber up and believe it or not it was firm (no rot noticed) but cannot see an eye for new sprouts. Someone suggested I dip the one end of the tuber in rooting powder and rebury it. I still see no growth. I am in the Chicago area and will be digging up the Dahlias in a few weeks for Winter storage. Any comments/advice on this tuber would be most welcome via posting here or email at snipped-for-privacy@anet.com.

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance!

Regards,

Lou Leciejewski

snipped-for-privacy@anet.com

Reply to