Creating dead zone around AC unit

Page 2 of 2
LouB wrote:

Corrugated cardboard also works, with the added benefit of lasting a couple of years.
Jon

I use newspaper in some of my vegetable & flower beds. Works, but it'll be gone in a season. Not appropriate for the area I'm talking about here.

I'm just trying to imagine an AC compressor mounted on cinder blocks. Won't happen for me...
--
Dave

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I'd be helpful to have more information on the type of bindweed. Tell us. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_bindweed and other types.
--
Bud

You can't reasonably expect an AC compressor to live well on cinder blocks. I think it s bogus.
--
Dave

replying to JoeSpareBedroom , Sid in Sacramento wrote:

If it were me, I would gently elevate the supporting platform, since the copper tubing supply line is pliant, might even use a level to give it a slight slope away from the house, then i would use road base material ( from a local landscape material supply shop ) One inch minus , with fines, would be the road base size. I would then tamp it down to compress the road base material, again slanting away from the house, then cover it with commercial grade landscape fabric, then small crushed rock, blue or green, depending on what color suits your tastes. You could also build a movable lattice wall, painted in the same color of the house, to disguise the sight of the unit, or paint it white, for contrast? We have used lattice walls to hide our trash cans storage area in Los Angeles