cateloupes not thriving ? :(

When I planted canteloupes last year, I thought I had a chance. No go. The young canteloupe plantings sucumbed to some sort of disease (?). So last year, I figured it was a fluke. But this year, it's happened again (ARGH!).

My canteloupes just haven't thrived, and I don't know why :( The cucumbers have grown like bacteria in ideal nutrients.

However, my canteloupes have some sort of silvery dust (fungus?) covering the leaves, as one can perhaps see via the pics I included at ( - & select garden). At this point, I know the canteloupes are toast and will not bear (dang it). This is the very same situation occurred with the canteloupes last year about this same time of year. I just hoped this year would be different. But NO! What have I not done correctly? For that matter, what did I do that was incorrect?

In other words, how can I grow canteloupes here in C-U???? TIA. My cukes grow like weeds!

Skyhooks hmardis "aht" uiuc "dought" edu

reply-to address munged - read line above.

Reply to
Skyhooks

It's mildew.

Twobtold