Canna lilies

We live in Zone 5. Last Fall we dug up our canna lilies bulbs, and stored them for the winter. Usually we plant them again as soon as the soil warms, late April beginning of May. My question : can we start them indoors in containers to give them an early start? Any suggestions, please. Thanks! Ben
BeTu wrote:

Yes, you can start them now. Use a light garden mix (potting soil) and don't over water them. Once that they start spouting, on warm days set them outside to get them acclimated to the outside temperates.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

"You are never to old to play in the dirt"
On 3/15/2009 7:36 AM, BeTu wrote:

Are they cannas, which are not lilies? Or are they callas, which are often called lilies? Neither have bulbs; both have rhizomes.
--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/ .