bird watching - what is this?

I started trying to take pics of some of the wildlife in my garden. This guy hung around for several minutes and put on a good show. I don't know anything about birds and couldn't find a match online. There are several pics.

Mycosimian

What part of the planet is the bird on?

Are these very recent pictures?

Reply to
Larry Sheldon

I am by no means an expert but "Hooded Warbler" would be my guess, depending on the answers to my questions above.

Larry Sheldon

Reply to
Martin Jensen