Bees - Colony Collapse Disorder

On tv tonight I saw a report about Colony Collapse Disorder in bee hives. Some apiarists put it down to a new pesticide.
We haven't had this syndrome hit us in New Zealand though 3 odd years ago varroa mite arrived which has knocked our hive populations back.
Has anyone first hand dealings with the CCD? What has been your experience.