Basil and flies

So what is this I hear about basil being a fly repellent? My basil seems to be the social gathering spot of the fly world. The damned bugs are all over it. And could they be responsible for the holes that keep appearing in the leaves?

Reply to
Paul M. Cook

More likely the holes are flea beatles, put a dish of soapy water under your plnts overnight and see what falls in.

Reply to
beecrofter

And give them a mist of water with a dollop of soap.

Reply to
Bud

Soap, not detergent.

Reply to