backyard fly problem

we have 2 dogs, and i clean up after them weekly at a minimum. the patio gets inundated with flies during the warm season, and i se no noticeable difference if i clean up after the dogs daily. fly strips catch a bunch of flies but reinforcements are quick to arrive so no real progress is noticable.

any suggestions??

i was wondering is an auromatic sprayer like those mosquitos would work, but i dont really want to continuously fog my backyard and patio with insecticides.

anyone have experience with the commercial fly catchers that supposedly use a fly attractant?

close to surrender here....

Reply to
Surfgeotwo

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Surfgeotwo) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m16.aol.com:

they sell a fly trap that works pretty well. it's pretty much a plastic jar with a fancy top and a packet of attractant/poison. guess what the attractant smells like?

you have to remember to replace the trap after a few days, because flies will lay eggs in it and damned if I didn't see maggots crawl out.

yes the attractant smells like sh*t. literally.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

A chemical poison with an attractant works well "Golden Malrin" was the brand name Also when I raised rabbits I used fly parasites from an outfit called Aarbico. These are fruit fly sized wasps that parasitize fly pupae and reproduce as long as the flys do.

Reply to
Beecrofter