backyard fly problem

we have 2 dogs, and i clean up after them weekly at a minimum. the patio gets inundated with flies during the warm season, and i se no noticeable difference if i clean up after the dogs daily. fly strips catch a bunch of flies but reinforcements are quick to arrive so no real progress is noticable.
any suggestions??
i was wondering is an auromatic sprayer like those mosquitos would work, but i dont really want to continuously fog my backyard and patio with insecticides.
anyone have experience with the commercial fly catchers that supposedly use a fly attractant?
close to surrender here....
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Surfgeotwo) wrote in

they sell a fly trap that works pretty well. it's pretty much a plastic jar with a fancy top and a packet of attractant/poison. guess what the attractant smells like?
you have to remember to replace the trap after a few days, because flies will lay eggs in it and damned if I didn't see maggots crawl out.
yes the attractant smells like sh*t. literally.
we got the same problem. I throw sudsy water out on the area to keep down the smell, but the best is we got one of those containers with a lid and all the dumps go in there. it doesnt have a tight lid, one of those you step on a peddle and the top lifts. well on the underside of the lid I put one of those "vapona" no pest strips. so the flies go to that and are killed. Ingrid
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Surfgeotwo) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Surfgeotwo) wrote in message

A chemical poison with an attractant works well "Golden Malrin" was the brand name Also when I raised rabbits I used fly parasites from an outfit called Aarbico. These are fruit fly sized wasps that parasitize fly pupae and reproduce as long as the flys do.