Asparagus fern requirements

Do Asparagus ferns need full sun, shade or a little of both to thrive? I just bought three and they are so pretty...I want them to stay looking as pretty as they are now. Thanks for any information you can share.

Reply to
Dottie

Mine thrives in dappled sunlight under a tree. In winter it's in a west window with a lace curtain. These ferns can get quite large.

Reply to
Manelli Family

Thank you for your reply!

Reply to
Dottie

Thank you for your reply!

Reply to
Dottie

"Manelli Family" news:461e9dcf snipped-for-privacy@x-privat.org:

Mine seem to grow anywhere but will thrive in part shade. Yes, they can get quite large and very messy ;)

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

I don't find them good indoor plants due to their size and constant dropping of needles, or whatever they're called. It was a gift from my son many years ago so we keep it. The plant is about 40 years old.

Reply to
Manelli Family

Thanks! I was wondering if they were as messy as Boston Ferns. Apparently they are!

40 years old!! Unbelievable! It must be huge! :) Even though I live in the south, I will have to bring them in this winter. Maybe I'll keep them in the garage beside a window that faces south.
Reply to
Dottie

Every few years I cut it back to about 12", repot it, fertilize it and let it start regrowing again.

Reply to
Manelli Family

"Manelli Family" news:46203750 snipped-for-privacy@x-privat.org:

Have any of your housepets gotten lost in it yet :)

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

Not yet! :0)