Are spruce trees acidic?

Do spruce needles make the soil acidic like pine needles do? I raked under my spruce trees and have loads of needles and cones and I'm wondering where I can put them.
Lori
Kayla Wrote:

yes they d
-- Eyebright
Eyebright wrote:

I thought it was the mineral content that determined acidity.

USDA Zone 8b
On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:27:28 GMT, "Travis"

There ya go, thinkin you knew something about gardenin again!
I always thought that the ground around pine trees was more acidic so I was wondering if spruce trees had the same affect.
Lori
On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:27:28 GMT, "Travis"