anybody use coffee grounds

as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the grass with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am concerned it may be too acidic.
any body know?

A lot of people use coffee grounds. Starbucks gives them away for free. The acidity has been shown to be neutral (although, I just cant remember where I saw the documentation). Try Cornell University composting.
Fito
My Grandma has always used coffee grounds on all of her flowers and veggies, so of course, I do too:) I especially throw them on my tomato plants, and my rosebushes. They seem to really like it:)
Angie

My roses seem to like it.
My girlfriend and I share bags, huge bags of coffee grinds, that the janitors save for us at work. I put mine directly on my compost pile, and around my azaleas. Everything is thriving. As soon as I put them on my compost pile, it heats up with a day. It's awesome.
Bebra
NE PA zone 6b

On 5/13/04 8:11 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, "Barbara
My girlfriend and I share bags, huge bags of coffee grinds, that the janitors save for us at work. I put mine directly on my compost pile, and around my azaleas. Everything is thriving. As soon as I put them on my compost pile, it heats up with a day. It's awesome.
Bebra
NE PA zone 6b
as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the grass with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am concerned it may be too acidic.
My roses seem to like it.
I have heard that it kills slugs....I haven't had a chance to confirm by my own experience. Is there anyone that has? Gary Fort Langley, BC Canada PS: I use coffee grounds all the time in my compost...not sure what it really does there but it is definitely compostable. And the worms (my buddies) seem to like it.
i use them on my roses they like them

My tomatoes think I am the coffee ground godess because when ever I am near them I'm dumping a load of coffee grounds at their feet :-)