anybody use coffee grounds

as a fertilizer for grass or plants? Making a brew or directly on the grass with the coffee grounds is apparently a good fertilizer but I am concerned it may be too acidic.

any body know?

Reply to
gord

A lot of people use coffee grounds. Starbucks gives them away for free. The acidity has been shown to be neutral (although, I just cant remember where I saw the documentation). Try Cornell University composting.

Fito

Reply to
Fito

My Grandma has always used coffee grounds on all of her flowers and veggies, so of course, I do too:) I especially throw them on my tomato plants, and my rosebushes. They seem to really like it:)

Angie

Reply to
junkyardcat

My roses seem to like it.

Reply to
nina

My girlfriend and I share bags, huge bags of coffee grinds, that the janitors save for us at work. I put mine directly on my compost pile, and around my azaleas. Everything is thriving. As soon as I put them on my compost pile, it heats up with a day. It's awesome.

Bebra

NE PA zone 6b

Reply to
Barbara Yanus

My girlfriend and I share bags, huge bags of coffee grinds, that the janitors save for us at work. I put mine directly on my compost pile, and around my azaleas. Everything is thriving. As soon as I put them on my compost pile, it heats up with a day. It's awesome.

Bebra

NE PA zone 6b

My roses seem to like it.

I have heard that it kills slugs....I haven't had a chance to confirm by my own experience. Is there anyone that has? Gary Fort Langley, BC Canada PS: I use coffee grounds all the time in my compost...not sure what it really does there but it is definitely compostable. And the worms (my buddies) seem to like it.

Reply to
gary davis

Reply to
claire