any hope for Clematis?

I have a Ville de Lyon I planted last year, which didn't do much as I understand happens the first year. This spring it put up a new shoot and started growing like gangbusters. The vine was about 3 feet long until we had a wind storm last week when it snapped off at about 10" above ground. I had it on a trellis, so it wasn't like it was out there getting whipped around. Anyway, it's still got 3 clusters of leaves but it's not showing any signs of new growth. I fertilised it the day it broke, hoping to give it a bit of a kickstart, and I've been weeding to keep it from having to compete. Is there any chance it will pick up and grow some more and bloom, or am I just SOL this year?

Dawn

Reply to
Dawn

Phisherman

Keep the roots cool with a big rock or other plants, I have the same variety. It will grow and give you some flowers this year. Next year it will give you many flowers!

Reply to
Leon Trollski