A realization of wonder and magic

thanks to the generosity of a sweet gardener who sent me a link to read The Waterbabies today I realized where my heavy influences came from concerning my love and belief and attitudes concerning fairies. I read this book several times in elementary school. that I was able to even perceive this book is amazing to me, because I recall I was a clueless child.......<g> but as I clicked onto the site and saw that it was not only the book but the book INTACT and started reading the pages in front of me, I realized that my love for fairies had sprung from these stories. And I'm sure that I saw prints of Cicley Mary Barkers flower fairies when I was a child. I am just happy that the mystery of the influences has revealed itself. And I STILL have fairies in my garden!! <g> My belief in magic in it's purest form, the flowers and nature and all that is around me will never cease. To let the beliefs die would be an end to my wonders as a child of the earth. madgardener
On 12/23/03 10:11 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

Would you share the link please, that title rings a faint chime.
Thanks Cheryl
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:43:05 GMT, Cheryl Isaak

why yes, surely............http://www.geocities.com/waterbabies20k/index.html madgardener

On 12/24/03 7:34 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

Thank you - some reading when everyone goes back to school or work. Computer time will be limited. :)
Cheryl

Link please!
Did you read "In Watermelon Sugar" by Richard Brautigan? If not, I think I may have a copy here somewhere.
On 12/24/03 9:09 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

No - I don't think so...
Cheryl

can you send me the waterbabies link??? "Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

And thanks to your post, Mad, I went to the Memoware site and downloaded The Water-Babies in .pdb format so I can read it on my Palm! I think I had that book at one point but can't find it now, and now I've got to read it! <G> I'm responding to you also via e-mail, I'll e-mail you later with better addresses.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA