Worm collecting farms - collecting/harvesting worms?

Okay, hereís what Iíve done to "modify" my worm-collecting-farm. First up, Iíve used a pitchfork to gently dig and loosen the soil underneath the worm farm (that has the holes in the bottom, which hopefully they will crawl up through) Iíve taken the food scraps out, and spread about 10cm or so of loosely packed soil in the bottom of the box, with lots of leaf litter mixed through to make the soil medium more fibrous. Iíve then put the food scraps on top of this soil medium, with the damp Hessian sack on top, with the plastic lid on top of that. Iíve also taken out a generous proportion of the vegetable scraps (no citrus, meat, or pineapple at all) and put it in a blender with lots of water. I had to fill the blender several times, tipping this liquefied "vegetable juice mix" into a large plastic watering can. I then poured this blended mix (plus some coffee grounds) through the food scraps, through the soil layer, then through the holes in the bottom, and into the loosened soil below. Am I on the right track here?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:33:09 -0700, Gas Bag wrote:

Sounds almost good enough to eat Definitely 5* for worms ;) Should work a nonny
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
[...]
Sounds good to me. I too have used the blender technique in the past as I thought it gave and worm hatchlings more of a chane to feed on baby worm sized bits.
Can you come back and let us know how this works please? And good luck.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ