Worm collecting farms - collecting/harvesting worms?

Okay, here=92s what I=92ve done to "modify" my worm-collecting-farm. First up, I=92ve used a pitchfork to gently dig and loosen the soil underneath the worm farm (that has the holes in the bottom, which hopefully they will crawl up through) I=92ve taken the food scraps out, and spread about 10cm or so of loosely packed soil in the bottom of the box, with lots of leaf litter mixed through to make the soil medium more fibrous. I=92ve then put the food scraps on top of this soil medium, with the damp Hessian sack on top, with the plastic lid on top of that. I=92ve also taken out a generous proportion of the vegetable scraps (no citrus, meat, or pineapple at all) and put it in a blender with lots of water. I had to fill the blender several times, tipping this liquefied "vegetable juice mix" into a large plastic watering can. I then poured this blended mix (plus some coffee grounds) through the food scraps, through the soil layer, then through the holes in the bottom, and into the loosened soil below. Am I on the right track here?

Reply to
Gas Bag

Sounds almost good enough to eat Definitely 5* for worms ;) Should work a nonny

Reply to
anm

Sounds good to me. I too have used the blender technique in the past as I thought it gave and worm hatchlings more of a chane to feed on baby worm sized bits.

Can you come back and let us know how this works please? And good luck.

Reply to
FarmI