runner bean query

I have been growing runner beans for the first time. The first red flowers that came out have wilted after a few days. Is this normal? I have been using feed once a week. Any advice on any of this?
--
green geachie

green geachie wrote:

Are they setting fruit?

This should not be necessary and may be harmful if you over-do it. On soil with good nutrient holding power (high clay and organic matter) once or twice a year, on soil that has poor holding power (very sandy) maybe once a month.
David