New to cucumbers

Hi

I am growing the cucumber variety ?Tasty King F1 Hybrid?. Only thing is, the packet they came in have very little instructions. This is my first time growing cucumbers, and so I don?t know what to expect.

Do I train them up a cane? If so, how high will they grow?

Various internet sites talk about pinching out after a certain number of leaves etc.....help!!!!!!

A simple step by step would be great.

Thanks.

Reply to
anthony123hopki

Hi I grow mine outside and just let them run everywhere. But when I used to grow them in a tunnel I would let them grow against some twine or sometimes against a pea net if I had loads. I never pinched them out. but some people do so that the plant will grow good sized cucumber for me I didn't care what size they where so would let everything grow:)

Reply to
gardening88

"anthony123hopki" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk...

2-3 seedlings per hill so male and female flowers can pollenate. And it's a vine, so just let them crawl up chicken wire/ or other fencing (tunnel?).

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Full sun, rich soil, mulch well, keep the soil damp but not wet especially in hot weather, avoid wetting the leaves if possible. Both hills or rows will work. Forget about pinching. You can train them up a trellis or let them run on the ground depending how much space you have and how much trouble you want to go to, run the trellis north-south in the southern hemisphere and south-north in the north :-). Pick every two days at least once they start producing or they will get too big and full of seeds.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott