minimum pot size for chili plants

Page 2 of 3
Charlie wrote:

I'll be here. Of all the ng's I lurk through, this is my favorite so far, and the only one I post to with few exceptions. I think it's because of all the smiling faces I see..Most other ng's seem to be populated by folks that are...well...pretentious. As far as pissing people off, that happens anyway, most times unintentionally. So I am sure I will, if it has not happened already.
Tim
Add pictures here
βœ–

If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life. Oscar Wilde
--

- Billy
βœ–

I want my food dead. Not sick, not dying, dead. Oscar Wilde
--

- Billy
βœ–

Ya' know, sometimes I gotta digest you for a bit to figure out what you are about........
Charlie
“All persons are puzzles until at last we find in some word or act the key to the man, to the woman; straightway all their past words and actions lie in light before us” ---- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Add pictures here
βœ–

If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn't. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism. Oscar Wilde;O)
--

- Billy
βœ–

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde
Add pictures here
βœ–

If your sucking for worms all day, it doesn't hurt to roll over and look at the stars for awhile.
--

- Billy
βœ–
Billy wrote:

"Strange days indeed."     Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Tim
Add pictures here
βœ–

News I heard about heart attacks was to keep coughing until the ambulance arrives.
--

- Billy
βœ–

Maybe, but ya' better shoot some cayenne and aspirin too.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blcpr.htm
http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/coughcpr.asp
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifierE35
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cough_CPR
CHarlie
Add pictures here
βœ–

It's a rite of passage Charlie. Your not a "real" man until you've had your first heart attack.
--

- Billy
βœ–

Add pictures here
βœ–

βœ–

An infusion of olive oil and cayenne pepper is most excellant for sore muscles and increases circulation when applied topically....and internally.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/cayenne-pepper-herbal-remedies.htm
Directions for making an oil infusion with whatever herbs one prefers.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2093152_make-oil-infusions.html
Charlie
Add pictures here
βœ–

Reminds me of Tiger Balm.
<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=tiger+balm+ingred ients&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
βœ–

I like flour tortillas too but they are made from highly processed wheat flour that has little to recommend it nutritionally, except for calories. Corn tortillas are healthier for you.
I think you're looking for a rubefacient. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubefacient
A rubefacient is a substance for external application that produces redness of the skin e.g. by causing dilation of the capillaries and an increase in blood circulation. They are believed to relieve pain by a counterirritant effect, and many act via transient receptor potential ion channels. Common medicinal rubefacients include [1]: € Capsaicin (derived from Cayenne, Capsicum minimum) € Salicylates (such as Oil of Wintergreen, Methyl Salicylate) € Nicotinate esters € Rubbing alcohol Common herbal rubefacients include: € Cloves (Eugenia caryphyllus) € Garlic (Allium sativum) € Ginger (Zingiber officinale) € Horseradish (Cochlearia armoracia) € Mustard (Brassica alba or B. nigra) € Nettle (Urtica dioica) € Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis) € Rue (Ruta graveolens)
More on rubefacients athttp://www.pfaf.org/database/search_use.php?K%5B%5D=rubefacient
Cayenne Cayenne pepper has beneficial antioxidant and cardiovascular effects. It has many beneficial effects on gastrointestinal function. Antioxidant activity: The carotene molecules of cayenne pepper and paprika exert powerful antioxidant effects.
Cardiovascular effects: Cayenne pepper exerts a number of beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system. It reduces the likelihood of developing, atherosclerosis by reducing blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It also reduces the platelet aggregation and increases fibrinolytic activity. Cultures consuming a large amount of cayenne pepper have a much lower rate of cardiovascular disease.
Topical Effects: When topically applied to the skin or mucous membranes, capsaicin stimulates and then block small diameter pain fibers by depleting them of neurotransmitter called substance P. Substance P is believed to be the principal transmitter of pain impulses. It also has been shown to activate inflammatory mediators in joint tissues in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Clinical Applications: Capsaicin lowers body temperature by stimulating the cooling center of the hypothalamus in the brain. It appears that people who live in tropics deals with high temperature by consuming cayenne pepper. Cayenne ointments may offer benefits in a number of conditions, including pain disorders (postamputation pain, postmastectomy pain, post herpetic neuralgia, diabetic neuropathy, cluster headaches, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. Topically applied capsaicin may be useful in the treatment of psoriasis.
Pain Relief: Capsaicin was found to relieve the pain associated with shingles (herpes zoster), a clinical condition known as post-herpetic neuralgia. Clinical trials have shown that about 50% of those taking capsaicin report improvement as opposed to 10% for the placebo group.
Topically applied capsaicin may be effective in reducing the pain of trigeminal neuralgia, a painful disorder of the main nerve of the face characterized by severe, stabbing pain affecting the cheek, lips, gums, or chin on one side of the face. In one study, more than 80% of those treated with capsaicin responded favorably. This is remarkable as there are no medication available for this condition except surgery. Capsaicin may help relieve the pain following breast reconstruction or mastectomy.
Mouth pain due to chemotherapy or radiation: Capsaicin was found to reduce the pain of mouth sores resulting from chemotherapy or radiation treatment dramatically in a clinical trial. Diabetic Neuropathy: Diabetic neuropathy is a painful nerve disorder caused by long-term diabetes. Capsaicin has been found to be of considerable benefit in relieving pain of this condition. Cluster headaches: Cluster headaches are migraine-like headaches characterized by severe pain, usually localized around one eye. Double blind studies have shown that intranasal application of a special capsaicin ointment by a physician may relieve cluster headaches. Episodic patients were found to benefit more from the treatment than chronic patients.
Arthritis: Capsaicin may be effective in relieving the pain of either osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
Psoriasis: Excessive substance P levels in the skin have been linked to psoriasis. Capsaicin was found to reduce scaling, redness and combined psoriasis severity. http://www.holisticonline.com/Herbal-Med/_Herbs/h43.htm
Used externally, the fruit is a strong rubefacient stimulating the circulation, aiding the removal of waste products and increasing the flow of nutrients to the tissues[254]. It is applied as a cataplasm or liniment[4]. It has also been powdered and placed inside socks as a traditional remedy for those prone to cold feet[254]. http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Capsicum+frutescens
--

- Billy
βœ–

Add pictures here
βœ–

Not necessarily but our foods are getting more expensive.
<http://www.edenfoods.com/
<http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Pasta/Main.aspx
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Not all who wander are lost.
βœ–

Hold on cowboy, you still got whole wheat pasta and brown rice. I made Spanish rice last night with brown rice :
Meaty Spanish Rice
Recipe By : Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00 Categories :
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method -------- ------------ -------------------------------- 2 tablespoons butter 1/2 pound ground turkey 1 onion -- chopped 1 green bell pepper -- chopped 2 cups chicken stock 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce 1 cu long-grain brown rice -- uncooked 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 1/2 teaspoon thyme 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper -- optional black pepper -- to taste
In a skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add ground turkey, onion and green pepper and cook until turkey is browned and vegetables are tender. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
Very edible. It was a little damp after 30 min. so I threw in another 1/4 cup brown rice and waited another 30 min. I was going to serve it with chard but got lazy and just served salad.
You also still have whole wheat bread. Look at the difference in white unbleached flour: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/cgi-bin/list_nut_edit.pl compared to whole wheat flour: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/cgi-bin/list_nut_edit.pl
White flour, it's amazing. They strip out most of the nutrition, add back six or so vitamins and call it enriched!
I haven't cut out all my white bread. I love croissants with jam in the morning and French bread and cheese (occasionally) after dinner or for dinner with a salad.
--

- Billy
βœ–
<Charlie> wrote in message wrote:

Dang Charlie, that'd prolly cure hemorrhoids too.
Add pictures here
βœ–