Michael Pollan: Americans' Unhealthy Relationship with Food

Article and interview with Michael Pollan about his upcoming book.
"In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto"
Care Charlie
http://alternet.org/healthwellness/65379 /
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:36:56 -0500, Charlie wrote:

Excellent. Omnivore's Dilemma was a stellar starting point for the journey, I hope his latest provides some level of guidance for beginners on the path.
We just got back from Europe; to say that America has no food culture is the understatement of the year. America has an anti-culture of food.
Add pictures here
✖

"Tell me what you eat, and I’ll tell you who you are" ~Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
Now.........*that* is scary! ;-)
Charlie
Add pictures here
✖
Charlie expounded:

Oh, boy, another book, I can't wait! http://www.powells.com/biblio/62-9781594201455-0?&PID%450
I'm preordering this one.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

For a similar perspective, through different eyes try, "Eat Here: Homegrown Pleasures in a Global Supermarket" (Paperback) by Brian Halweil. Same point of view with different experiences.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

✖