Meyer Dwarf Lemon Tree in Oklahoma (Zone 7)

Anybody know how well a meyer dwarf lemon tree will do in oklahoma if left outside all year round? The winters have been so mild the last few years I'm wondering if one of these trees would live through them.
It will die. I have seen no citrus tree that will survive planted in areas that get below freezing. We used to live in Arkansas (zone 7), and had to take ours in each fall.
Dwayne

Well, I dunno. How freezing is freezing? We get the ocassional frost but the big trees do OK. It's the lime I have to protect from the cold more. Maybe there's a hardier lemon variety?
il Wed, 23 Feb 2005 03:41:30 GMT, "Dwayne" ha scritto:

--
Cheers,
    I'm not sure. Last week I was in Tokyo, & saw several orange-like citrus fruit growing on trees that were covered with snow in the Shinjuku district.
Dwayne wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Wrote:

I'm growing a Meyer Dwarf Lemon Tree in a pot. It's thriving, even i the bad ground frosts we've been having here in the UK - in fact th fruits have begun ripening, which, from what I've been told, is exactl as it should be!
Amazin
-- Amazin
Hi,
A Meyer lemon will survive down to the low 20's for short (12-15 hours)periods. I have experimented quite a bit and found that protection from frost is more important than just the temperature. I live in Zone 8 just North of Austin, Texas and I have successfully overwintered citrus outdoors. Admittedly it gets colder in OK where you are than here in Texas but with a little common sense you can protect a meyer lemon. All of my citrus are in pots that I can move around. I have a large covered patio I use to protect them from frost. For really cold weather I some times move them into the garage or into a storage shed with a small heater. I have left a meyer totally out this winter in a barrel. As most citrus will do, It has lost all of its leaves but is not dead. It is already showing signs of putting on new grow. I have found that when these trees lose their leaves, I may take several months for them to releaf and then have the energy to bloom for a new crop. I have also left a Satsuma orange out and it has not even lost its leaves. The coldest temps in my backyard this winter has been about 18 F for about 12 hours. I do not like to move the plants into the house because of the leaf drop phenomenon. Just a few hours of sun goes a long way to keeping the plants happy. I have also found that limes are much more sensitive to cold than oranges or lemons.
Hope this helps
Have Fun
Jim