Looking for Jerusalem Artichokes

I would love to buy some Jerusalem Artichokes from someone if you have them. I can't find a local supplier and I don't want to pay $4/lb plus shipping from a gardening catalog. Any help or leads would be appreciated. Ron
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:28:14 -0800, "tworiverspark"

If you would post your location, perhaps someone near you would be willing to oblige. Most who have *any* Jerusalem artichokes, have many to spare.
I am located in Tri-Cities Washington, I've talked to several people who had them years back but don't anymore. My dad was telling me he had to use round up on the one we had when I was a kid to get rid of them. so I know there should be plenty around somewhere!

them.
il Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:57:47 -0800, "tworiverspark" ha scritto:

I suppose New Zealand is too far away :-). I use mine as a wind break and have they been getting a battering this summer! Get one tuber and soon you'll have a fence line's worth. :-)
--
Cheers,

produce section, health food store. Buy them, plant them.
snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (simy1) wrote:

Curse them every year thereafter ;-(.
Ross

Why? :-)
I know that they have a tendency to take over any area which is why I planted them somewhere where I did not care if that happened. Yummy tubers, but for some reason, after three years, my patch died. :-( I'd not mine re-starting them if anyone in Texas wants to mail me some?
K.
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<

don' snipped-for-privacy@there.com (The Watcher) wrote:

E-mail sent... :-) I'm more than willing to pay for the roots as well. These things are delicious.
thanks! Kat (in central Texas)
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<Katra at centurytel dot net>,,<
Ross Reid wrote:

not if you plant them where they can't spread like in a large planter or concrete tub, or, what I would do, in and area surrounded by bedrock.
I'd love some. Does anybody in/near Hilo, HI have any to spare? (happy to pay).
Maren

I don't, but then I also have 5 different patches of bamboo growing on my place. I have spread the Jerusalem Artichoke around, too. I have it growing in 4 different spots(so far).