killing groundhogs...

Would rat poison work on groundhogs? I want to get rid of those thing
before putting out my plants. If so are there any brands that ar good. Poison wouldn't hurt the plants would it? Would cats eat i too? We have a major stray problem and I wouldn't mind knocking of some of them as well
-- JohnShaft
I was also trying to research kill traps.
This trap is designed for possums but I think it might be good fo groundhogs too. http://www.arta.co.nz/arc/library/v24388_2.pdf#search ='timms%20traps
-- JohnShaft
JohnShaft wrote:

They're slow moving. Use a .22.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=groundhog%2Brecipe&btnG=Google+Search

barring that, i have a chicken eating fox i'd be happy to ship to you. it ate my groundhogs. lee <no, poison doesn't work on groundhogs usually>
22 LR or Conibear type traps should do. There are a lot of links on trapping and Conibear traps. They are a kill trap, so don't use them if you have dogs in the area that will get into them.