ID-ing a larvae(?)

Hi, everybody,
Out on my concrete porch, between my plant buckets, where there is, of course, a bit of water and excess soil, I just saw some suspicious creepy-crawlies:
Medium-ight brownish in colour.
Body looks slightly ribbed in texture (like a slater/rolly- polly/pill-bug/etc.)
Maybe 1.5 cm long, and .5 cm wide for the main body.
Has a thin tail, about as long as the main body.
Didn't see any legs.
Sitting in blobs of several, but started individually crawling a few centemetres along the concrete. Crawling was worm-like, with that sort of wave through their bodies.
Sorry, I don't have any pix.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance...
--
Guide To DIY Living
http://www.self-reliance.co.nz
Down Under On The Bucket Farm said:

Well, no legs points to fly larva of some sort. But don't assume that means they are baddies. Could be beneficial: some species of robber fly. I'm thinking robber fly, because that's what the weird/ ribbed/nubbly-with-a-sort-of-tail brownish fly larvae I've found before seemed most likely to have been.
http://creatures.ifas.ufl.edu/beneficial/flies/robber_flies.htm

You'll probably have better results asking in sci.bio.entomology, esp. if this is an Aussie/NZ critter.