Fungus amungus

Ok, I give up. How does one keep spinach and Swiss Chard free of unsightly fungus spots?

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
Bill Litchfield

do not water overhead. Full sun. mulch to avoid dirt splashing on leaves. In continuously rainy weather, give up. with chard, I have some experience that suggests (it could be myth) that it resists fungus better when the pH is of its liking (about 7). OTOH, I never had fungus on spinach, which is 6 feet away from chard, so you might be in a worse situation than I am. i am sure that there is also a vinegary or soapy concoction that could help.

Reply to
simy1

Try a milk spray of 1 part milk to 9 parts water, spray 3 times 5 - 7 days apart.

Reply to
nutNhoney

bordeaux dust most nurseries carry it in their "organic" or "natural" section. it's the bestest solution against mold, fungi (funguy?), and powdery mildew.

Reply to
<bluesalyxx