Carrot question?

Hi again all, just a quick question about carrots & how long the

usually take to grow. It must be about a month since mine were plante & the heads were starting to look alot bigger, I decided they shoul probably be thinned out but when I moved a few there was no sign of carrot underneath there was alot of healthy roots & a slightly thicke (still quite small) root connected to the head. What stage should m carrots be at, at this point? Im beggining to think they're not goin to work out

-- Freedom_Spark

Reply to
Freedom_Spark

Freedom_Spark wrote in news:Freedom snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk:

That sounds just about right to me. Carrots are a fairly slow growing plant. Bigger carrots (at least in the variety I planted) have more greens attached to the central root, so by the time they're ready to harvest you've got a vase-full of greens.

FYI, they're also biennials. That means they'll take two years to produce new seeds.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Thanks that's reassuring