wood flooring

What is the best knid of timber 2 replace old floorboards instead of sanding? are is it cheaper 2 sand?
"Kris Dawson" wrote:

As far as I know you have a choice between buying new tongue and groove floorboards, used tongue and groove floorboards, or flooring grade chipboard. You would need to get quotes for replacement flooring of your choice, and compare that with the cost of hiring a floor sander, assuming you would need to hire one. I think it would be cheaper to sand the floor. See http://www.hss.com/index.php?p 412 for some idea of prices.
"Kris Dawson" wrote:

Is this replacement of the whole floor, if so, what size room? To hire a sander for a day will be the same for a small room as for a large one. Replacing all the floor boards in a small room might be similar to the cost of a day's hire of a sander and the cost of the disks.