What Permissions?

Hi there,
We are looking to demolish a garage extension that joins the house because when have discovered it was only built using single brick, no cavity and only built on 4 inches of concrete. It has a tin corrugated roof, a standard door to the rear & up and over garage door to the front.
We want to rebuilt the garage on proper footings, with a cavity, and a tiled pitched roof. The garage will be the same length & width. It will have a standard door to the rear, an window will be added to the rear. The up and over garage door will be replaced with a roller door.
Our kitchen door opens into the garage.
Will we require permission from the local council?
Thanks,
Jach

I would phone them and ask, they will be helpfull in my experiences with them.
Why does a garage with no cavity wall bother you?
Adam
ARWadsworth wrote:

It seems the obvious answer, or email. I've found Tewkesbury Council (for instance) extremely prompt and comprehensive in their replies.

I wondered that. If it's doing the job and not falling down why change it.
--
Malc
You will pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please disregard