What Permissions?

Hi there,

We are looking to demolish a garage extension that joins the house because when have discovered it was only built using single brick, no cavity and only built on 4 inches of concrete. It has a tin corrugated roof, a standard door to the rear & up and over garage door to the front.

We want to rebuilt the garage on proper footings, with a cavity, and a tiled pitched roof. The garage will be the same length & width. It will have a standard door to the rear, an window will be added to the rear. The up and over garage door will be replaced with a roller door.

Our kitchen door opens into the garage.

Will we require permission from the local council?

Thanks,

Jach

Reply to
Jach

I would phone them and ask, they will be helpfull in my experiences with them.

Why does a garage with no cavity wall bother you?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It seems the obvious answer, or email. I've found Tewkesbury Council (for instance) extremely prompt and comprehensive in their replies.

I wondered that. If it's doing the job and not falling down why change it.

Reply to
malc

Reply to
KEVIN BALL