What is this called

Some kind on insulation has been put in my m8 flat and i could do with it myself for something but i have google "draft excluder" "draft excluder rubber", "windows draft excluder" and never come across the right stuff check b&q, home base screw-fix even fleabay and nothing, so i presume i'm not using the right search term, i only need about 7-8 feet of it
link for image is here
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1249/pc081826.jpg
Jim

It is just a simple draught excluder. Anything you find in a diy shed will do just as well.
Incidently it is bad protocol to use text sortforms on a usenet group, i.e. mate not m8.
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
On 08/12/2012 16:25, Woody wrote:

B&Q he said? Something like this
<http://www.diy.com/nav/build/insulation/draught-excluders/seals/Extra-Thick-Weatherstrip-Seal-10mm-x-7m-White-11607768?skuId 118474>
otherwise accessed by
<http://preview.tinyurl.com/c5nvdsd
will probably do it. And doesn't involve drilling holes in the window frame - which if you are renting you should check with your landlord.

shortforms of the right kind are IMHO fine, but then IANAL. Still, YMMV :)
Andy
On 08/12/2012 16:59, Andy Champ wrote:

<http://www.diy.com/nav/build/insulation/draught-excluders/seals/Extra-Thick-Weatherstrip-Seal-10mm-x-7m-White-11607768?skuId 118474>
Thanks for the reply Andy, no that will not do for my needs, it's to be used with a set of balcony doors where the wind comes between the 2 doors, i have no issues with nailing it in place as new double glazing is going in next summer, it seems the best i can get is the stuff that has brush effect on it that normally goes on the bottom of the doors which i'm sure is better then nothing but would look well out of place.
Jim
On 08/12/2012 18:14, Jim wrote:

In that cast... how about some masking tape? You can even paint it to match the frames if appearance bothers you that much.
Andy
On 08/12/2012 16:25, Woody wrote:

Yea i know not to use m8 trouble was i had just got of the phone from texting my mate and it just followed on here, soz oops sorry ;-)
Jim
None of that shows up cos most read in plain text.
Brian
--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk