Totally OT: Reverse Telephone/Fax Numbers

While we're talking about free fax services...

Others have already mentioned the outbound free fax service provided by tpc.

It is also possible to get free inbound fax from either

or

I forget which is which, but one has a free service (works via a national rate number, so some people/companies may not want to fax to it). Also I think the level of spam into my wife's account increased when she subscribed.

There are doubtless other companies doing this, but this is the only free one i've found.

Reply to
Zikki Malambo

They're the same company; I used the .com address to set mine up many years ago. It's an ideal solution for me just to be able to receive faxes very occasionally; it's always from businesses so the 0870 number really isn't an issue (not as if it's an 09** number).

Note that it's quite hard to find to the free (incoming only) service; they direct you firmly towards the paid-for version. 'Limited account' I think is what you need. Possibly not available on the .co.uk site?

Re spam: I submitted a dedicated email to efax when I subscribed, and I've never received any emails on that account other than those from efax. However, you do have to "opt-in" to promotional emails from them, although I don't class that as spam because I choose to receive it. I never see it anyway, as it gets taken care of by my Popfile antispam filter.

David

Reply to
Lobster

MightyFAX is a good simple basic send and receive program for faxes. Free 30 day trial then 20 dollars to register.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

should help

Reply to