Tiling onto floorboards directly

Hello, has anybody tried to fix ceramic tiles directly onto floorboards by using a two part adhesive system?

I'm looking at the Ardex 7001 system.

many thanks

Reply to
Oddjob

I would not. I will work but if you ever want to lift the tiles it will probably damage the boards or at best leave a load of unmovable adhesive.. If the boards are in good condition then put thin ply down first. Use thicker ply if the boards are in poor condition.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Is this a good idea? The boards will flex and the tiles will crack, I would have thought.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham