Tiling

Kitchen coming along fine, if a little slow !
Now at the stage ere I am going to fix the work top into place
Do I tile behind the worktop, or straight onto the worktop?
Thanks

Tiling on top of the worktop is the norm.
Adam
"Dave" wrote:

The wall tiles should stop just short of the worktop, about half a centimetre would be about right, the gap being filled either by sealant or a sealing strip. That makes it easier to remove a worktop if you ever have to.
"DIY" <secret> wrote in message

Thank you for the replies. I know it may have seemed a petty posting, but I could not work out whether to tile on top, hopefully reducing any possible water running down the back. or behind to ease removal of the worktop if necessary at a later date
Problem solved once again
Thank you both.