Table Top Halogen Ovens ?

The wife and I are thinking about getting one of these table top halogen ovens after seeing one for the first time at a friends house.
We have looked on YouTube and various other wiebsites and seen all the hype about them.
Are they really that good....?
Do they break down often and are spares easy to get....?
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:55:54 +0100, the_constructor wrote:

================================================ I bought one about four months ago and it's produced consistently good results. The cat loves the roast chicken. Cleaning is a bit of a problem (forget 'self cleaning' - it's a joke) because the base needs quite a large sink to accommodate it. Cleaning can be eased by placing a large dinner plate in the bottom to catch juices to be extracted and poured away. For relatively small meals it's good but larger items simply won't fit in.
The best price I found was: www.coopersofstortford.co.uk
I don't know about spares, but mine hasn't broken down yet.
Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux

Hi Cic, Thanks for the information. This is the cheapest and best deal that I have found so far, plus you get bonus accessories: http://www.pressplayshopping.tv/store/product.asp?WebProductIDb7 Still abit worried about breakdowns though
On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 22:19:15 +0100, the_constructor wrote:

================================================ The 'extender ring' would be useful but all the other accessories listed (except lid stand) are included in most other cheaper versions.
As far as breakdowns are concerned I would be inclined to consider this item almost a throw-away item once it was out of guarantee, but there may be spares available. I just haven't bothered to look for them, because there's so little to go wrong.
Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux