Shower controls

About 10 years ago I had a Sirrus thermostatic shower fitted that runs off mains pressure. Over the last year or so the temperature control has got stiff, and now it is stuck on the same setting, which is too hot. It would seem that replacement would be not too difficult, but pretty expensive. Would it be possible ( or worthwhile ) for a fairly novice DIYer to dismantle and try to repair it, I live in a hard water area and am just guessing that the problem may be due to scale building up over the years.
Many thanks
Sorry, meant to say the model is Sirrus 1850
Dave wrote:

dead easy - heres a diagram. http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/gummers/3.html
--
zaax

dead easy - heres a diagram. http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/gummers/3.html
--
zaax

Thanks for that, not sure about dead easy though.

Using Sods Law the faulty part will be most expensive and difficult to replace part.
Adam
Try filling it with vinegar and leave it for an hour. If it is limescale that may fix it. I wouldn't recommend that you take it apart.
| About 10 years ago I had a Sirrus thermostatic shower fitted that runs off | mains pressure. | Over the last year or so the temperature control has got stiff, and now it | is stuck on the same setting, which is too hot. | It would seem that replacement would be not too difficult, but pretty | expensive. | Would it be possible ( or worthwhile ) for a fairly novice DIYer to | dismantle and try to repair it, | I live in a hard water area and am just guessing that the problem may be due | to scale building up over the years. | | Many thanks |
I recently replaced my Aqaulisa non thermostatic inards with a compatible Aqualisa supplied Thermostatic valve cartridge only. I don't know if you can get the same replacement parts for yours but it was easy this way, Just four screws to take out the old insert. Poke out and replace an O ring and screw in the replacement cartridge. 10 minutes 105. No detailed dismantling or cleaning or disturbing plumbing.
Dave