Roof treatment

Page 2 of 2

Mr Pounder wrote:
<big snip>

I'm not sure if it was here or on uk.d-i-y but I seem to recall a recent thread where it was suggested that a copper strip or wire along the top of the roof would do the trick.
Apparently, the metallic salts that wash down the roof when it rains gradually poison the moss and that's the end of it.
I doesn't sound as if you are in any hurry ...
... might be worth a try?
--

Terry

A load of crap and a waste of money. Any pin holes in it and its big trouble. Use to be called Turnerising about 30 years ago, only one colour then Black

This as been taken off their website
"Your house is probably the largest single investment you will ever make, so it makes sense that you should protect its value."
Listen to them and don't have it done. The worst thing you can do with tiled/slated roofs is to coat them. At 50 years old it probably is up for a new roof anyway, spend the extra and you won't have to worry for another 50-60 years. After 40 years in the game (and waiting for 2 new knees to prove it) I have seen some horrendous sights. At the end of the day it's up to you though.

Yip and thanks. I will not be going there. Our roof is actually fine. We have been here for nearly two years now and the survey okayed the roof. I sometimes inspect it with my old pair of binoculars.

Mr Pounder

A load of crap and a waste of money. Any pin holes in it and its big trouble. Use to be called Turnerising about 30 years ago, only one colour then Black
Thanks.
Mr Pounder

I think I've spotted something approaching a trend amongst the replies....
Anyway, your "tomorrow" is now here. Do tell - did your Dragon see off the scallywag St George successfully...?
--
Martin

The Dragon told them to F Off. She has a way with words.
Mr Pounder