Remove old carpet adhesive from wood

Hi
What is the best way to remove old carpet adhesive from a wooden floor. The carpet adhesive was put down around 25 years ago so it is set preety hard. It is still slightly rubbery so I think ita a contact adhesive.
Any help appreciated
Chris
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

A solvent that seems to shift most things is cellulose thinners. Don't buy a 500ml can from Halfords for about 6. Get a 5 litre can from a motor factor for around a tenner. Then you'll have a supply of this most useful fluid for ages.
Can't guarantee that it'll shift the adhesive, tho'!
Rob Graham
Hi Rob
Sounds worth a try and the thinner will come in handy for degreasing.
Thanks
Chris

I used a hot air thingy to do the job, you have to be very careful not to burn the wood but I was sanding the floor so it didn't matter too much
kate
Sounds good Thanks chris
     snipped-for-privacy@aol.com writes:

Use a straight-edged garden spade as a large scraper.
--
Andrew Gabriel
Thanks for all the suggestions C