Remove old carpet adhesive from wood

Hi

What is the best way to remove old carpet adhesive from a wooden floor. The carpet adhesive was put down around 25 years ago so it is set preety hard. It is still slightly rubbery so I think ita a contact adhesive.

Any help appreciated

Chris

Reply to
CobaltHayabusa

A solvent that seems to shift most things is cellulose thinners. Don't buy a 500ml can from Halfords for about £6. Get a 5 litre can from a motor factor for around a tenner. Then you'll have a supply of this most useful fluid for ages.

Can't guarantee that it'll shift the adhesive, tho'!

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

Hi Rob

Sounds worth a try and the thinner will come in handy for degreasing.

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
busacustom

I used a hot air thingy to do the job, you have to be very careful not to burn the wood but I was sanding the floor so it didn't matter too much

kate

Reply to
Kate Morgan

Sounds good Thanks chris

Reply to
busacustom

Use a straight-edged garden spade as a large scraper.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for all the suggestions C

Reply to