Removal of plaster coving

Hi     The house is a terraced property around 1900 is I would guess. What is involved to remove what I assume is the original coving.
Regards
HN

If you do you may find nothing behind it. If it is original you are most unlikely to find the walls are plastered up behind it and the ceiling is in place right to the edge above it.
Tim w

I would assume worse case, it will pull away chunks of the wall and ceiling, so you'd be looking at some level of replastering.
Some coving was pre-molded lengths stuck up, other was basically an extrusion of plaster formed in place by dragging a shape around the edge with a load of wet plaster behind it.
--
Andrew Gabriel
"H. Neary" wrote:

Many hours bashing away with a bolster hammer and chisel (or the modern eletrical equivalent), lots of plaster dust then a major replastering job. Good luck.
--
Each time someone stands up for an ideal or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a little ripple of

Many thanks to all who provided the advice.
I should have guessed really, my father was an industrial painter/ decorator and did nothing to the coving despite splitting the room by adding a wall down the middle.
Plaster has a mind of its own when I deal with it, so I think I will bung some insulating board up and fill in the space in the edges not inhabited by the coving.
Many thanks for the replies.
HN