Red fireglow bulbs.

Have been looking round DIY stores looking for fireglow bulbs for use in gas fire display and all I could see were 60W.My fire takes two and my wife has to have them glowing all day long.I was thinking that 40w bulbs would be adequate,so,can anyone tell me please if there is any to be had and from where. Ta
allan

I wonder if they would put out enough heat to make the little fans go round? What about an energy saving bulb and a synchrotron motor? ;-)
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 6 May, 19:36, andrew@a17 (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

I tried this several years ago and they don't and the colour is all wrong with ordinary red bulbs. Trevor Smith
writes:

My fire is a Baxi Bermuda and it does not have the little fans.It looks like the fireglow bulbs dont come in 40 W which surprises me in these times when we are supposed to be saving energy.Wish it would get through to my wife :-)
allan

My Nevada fire states 40w max lamps - although it came with a clear (ie white) 40w crappy unfused Polish lamp. It doesn't have a spinner, so I've contemplated fitting a CFL coloured red. However, it doesn't get much use so it's currently sporting a 60w fireglow lamp which hasn't caused any problems. Like you, I couldn't find 40w versions.