Radiator problems

I've just moved into a new house with a boiler in the kitchen and a hot water tank in the spare room. My previous house had a combi boiler. I've found that when the heating is on, most of the radiators get nice and hot at the top but are cold at the bottom. Any idea what would cause this?
Cheers,
Chris.

Not waiting long enough for them to heat up, or too low a flow rate. Are any of the radiators hot all over, in which case the system hasn't been balanced.
--
Andrew Gabriel

writes:

No, they're pretty much all hot at the top only.
writes:

I've had something slightly similar , basically just one of my Rads would be warm on one side , i had to let some air out of the rad ....