Only getting 30mm of plunge when manual says i should be able to get 35mm of depth?

Hi
I have a trend router that has a plunge depth of 35mm according to the manual. The only problem is that with the B&D piranha router bits that I am using, if I put 'at least 3/4' of the shank in the router, as the instructions recommend, I can only plunge to a depth of 30mm.
Am I setting it up wrong? Do I need a bit with a long shank (if such a thing is available?)
Sorry if this question is daft, I'm new to diy and routers!
Thanks for any help given j

bring the tip of the cutter to the base plate, as long as about half an inch is still in the chuck it should be fine, you will then have all the plunge depth available