Loss of water pressure

Any advice please on the cause of a severe drop of water pressure.The water ran orange/rust coloured for a short time ,seconds ,now there is a very slow flow not enough to work the multipoint.We live in an old mid terraced house neighbours not affected. Tia.
"davej" wrote:

Is this the cold water supply from a storage tank or a rising main?

"davej" wrote:

There could be a leak in the pipe that brings water from the stoptap outside your property and into your house. Does it run underground outside your house?
davej wrote:

Well if it's not affecting you neighbours who pres use the saim main then it's your mains supply at fault.
There should be a stopcock between your hse and the water main. This will be covered bt a small square or round cover, marked water. Has someone messed around with it?
If this is fine then either the supply pipe has burst/been damaged or the stopcock in your hse is knackerd/been messed with. Does the stopcock turn easily, does opening this up fully solve the prob?
Any sign of a leak or ground work outside between the pavement and your house? The main should be 3ft down so there may be no visible sign of a leak at ground level. Unless you've had some serious digging done then the main won't have been damaged but that doesn't mean it hasn't broke.
Mike
Thanks all replies-stoptap still stops the water what little there is,no sign of a leak.Would I be able to hear water flowing through the stoptap if I use a large screwdriver or metal bar?
"davej" wrote:

Yes, but on the stoptap on the pavement or wherever it is outside the boundary of your property. By the way, if this is a pre-1938 property the water supply company should fix a leaking pipe that is on your property and which is normally your responsibility.

The stop tap is just inside my boundery
The man from the water comp. said it was strange. He said he didn't think it was a leak because he couldn't hear it and he thought the stop tap was ok by the way it worked and felt .He has booked a replace stopcock to eliminate it. When I asked him if he was saying it was 99% a problem on our side he said yes- but it might not be!
"davej" wrote:

If a replacement stopcock doesn't fix the problem then there must be something wrong with the supply pipe from the stopcock to your taps, or possibly with the stopcock in your house. It is possible for a washer to disintegrate and block the flow of water.

BEING THAT ANYMORE.
davej wrote:

Which side mains or house side?
If you unscrewed the mains side then it's your stop cock at fault, relatively cheap and easy to fix. If you unscrewed it the other side of the stop cock then there is a blockage in the pipework, potentially tricky to find and a more difficult problem, though not beyond a competent DIYer.
Mike
The stopcock was replaced this morning -no change. I have put a new supply to the multipoint cold feed from the new stopcock and most points are working.The odd thing is that there is no reverse flow from the lead supply that I have replaced? I am going to close it properly in the morning but for now only a dribble. the kitchen cold is from an outside lead supply and isn't working but the hot is, but I will extend the cold supply to it tomorrow.Our internal lead/copper mish-mash just seems to have shut down .It has been like living in the stone age without hot water on tap, I don't think I will ever know the exact cause because the lead pipes are built into the walls and are more trouble to remove than leave in place---anyway I've just had a bath !!! Thanks for all responses.