Leaf blower/vac/shredder

Slightly OT but there's a better response rate here than on URG who seem to be a bit of a closed community these days.
I'm considering either a Mitox BV280 or a Ryobi RBL30MVA to use on lawns and hard surfaces. Anyone got any experience of these please or able to recommend another petrol powered one in the £100-£150 price range?
Ta.
--
David

"David P" wrote:

uk.d-i-y is worth a try.
--
Each time someone stands up for an ideal or acts to improve the lot of
others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a little ripple of

If it is one that sucks to pick up the leaves you should be OK.
We had an electric Flymo which blew air down a shaft in the nozzle and back up the main tube of the nozzle causing an airflow which - in theory - should make the leaves go with it. Useless, and judging by the five others there when I took it to the tip I was probably not the only one that found out the hard way!
It was said to me recently: when buying power tools always buy Bosch, and if you can't get/afford Bosch then buy Ryobi.
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

I'd suggest pay a little more for a 4 stroke, which are quieter, have less vibration: Makita has good name for pro tools: http://www.hobuk.co.uk/acatalog/BHX2500.html
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:27:53 -0700, Gel wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions £100 extra is not a cost I can justify I'm afraid so I've decided on the Mitox as I've had good service from the Mitox strimmer I have.
--
David