laying thin concrete screed

i need to raise my concrete floors by 10-15mm & have looked at chipboard/ply & underlay options & am now considering screed, is this too thin for a screed? will it crack being so thin against the original concrete floor beneath? am hoping to use finer sand in the mix for a smooth/level finish, by the way what is the mix for such a thin screed? 3 sand : 1 cement? i'm going to do 1 room at a time, 3 rooms/50sqm in total, any advice?
thx.
alex.
"alex" <.> wrote in message

Our company used Ronafix before as an additive for thin screeds and it has been excellent if a bit on the expensive side. I have added a link below to a pdf datasheet document but you will get more info by googling.
http://www.rssonline.org/datasheets/RONAFIX%20FOR%20SCREEDS.PDF
Franko.

Thanks Franko, will look into it.
alex.
On 27 Feb, 14:04, "alex" <.> wrote:

what's wrong with ply or chipbpard?
snipped-for-privacy@v3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... On 27 Feb, 14:04, "alex" <.> wrote:

We are getting some amtico flooring laid this weekend. Last weekend they came and screeded the floor to ensure it is level etc before fitting. The thinkness of the screed is only 3-4mm and now dried looks like a slate bed.

That sounds good, Thanks will google for it.
alex.
On 27 Feb, 14:04, "alex" <.> wrote:

we were flooded last summer & if it happens again, it's one thing less to worry about, we'll just replace the carpet/floorboards.
alex.