laying blocks

I have a concrete yard at the back of my house. It is very functional, drains well and very level. However it looks bloddy ugly.

If I wanted to lay block paving down instead, would I need to remove the concrete, or could I lay on top of it (perhaps into sharp sand mortar mix?)

Paul

Reply to
Paul

I would say it should be fine, as long as you don't raise the level to a point which causes problems, ie bridging the damp course.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

thanks - damp course is quite high up.