Keyhole (mortice) draught (rubber) excluder/stopper (for mortice lock)??

Page 3 of 3

I am a fire protection expert.
Mr Pounder

They are 1st aid.
Mr Pounder

In the short term, and if your mum is in the habit of leaving the key in the lock on the inside then this little tip may help:
All proper security mortice locks (BS3621) have an anti-picking device (curtain) which closes the slot when the key is turned even a little. If she has a BS lock fitted then inserting the key and turning it a bit will reduce the draught dramatically.
If she doesn't have a BS lock then buy her one for Christmas ;-).
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks

Swinging escutcheon cover is the traditional solution.
If that's not enough (and there's some steel nearby), glue a broken slice of rare-earth magnet (cheap on eBay) to the lid, so that it's held firmly down against the wind.

They aren't really for draught proofing. They are for privacy. That is why they are supposed to be fitted on the inside of the door even though most get fitted to the outside. When its outside you can just push it over and look through the hole. When its inside you can't push it out the way easily. It probably doesn't matter these days as nobody actually worries about people peaking through keyholes do they?

It can be locking the claret up from the servants for all I care, but the OP has a draught blowing through theirs and this will stop it.
It also works perfectly well on the inside, especially with the magnet.

Leaving aside the unhelpful squabbling, I could do with exactly what you are looking for, I'll let you know if I find anything! Andrew

See:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KEYHOLE-DRAUGHT-EXCLUDER-/120640961146http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-KEY-HOLE-DRAUGHT-EXCLUDERS-/290502983676
Leaving aside the unhelpful squabbling, I could do with exactly what you are looking for, I'll let you know if I find anything! Andrew
Blue Tack
Mr Pounder