Keyhole (mortice) draught (rubber) excluder/stopper (for mortice lock)??

Page 2 of 3

Are you claiming to be an expert and disagreeing with what I said?

No, I am just claiming that you are a man with no talents.
--
Adam

So you don't disagree with what I said then?

I disagree with your drama queen statement about fire extiguishers.
--
Adam

So what level of expertise do you claim to have to backup your idea that fire extinguishers are safe in the hands of untrained householders?

Your problem is that you think everyone is a retard and needs a certificate to use any piece of equipment.
My experience of fires is
a) put a car fire out on the M1 with the dry powder extinguisher in my van, b) put out a wheelie bin fire using a similar extinguisher out where the wheelie bin was shoved up to a front door c) used a hoze pipe to put a house fire out
So what is your experience than?
I have never been on a training day to get a nice signed off piece of paper to say that I am allowed to use an extinguisher.
--
Adam

No experience of house fires then? So I guess you don't have any experience to say that I was wrong in quoting what the fire service say about household extinguishers.
I don't have much experience of fires, the last one I went into was in flat at some sheltered housing and I had to remove the occupant as she was trying to open the windows to let the smoke out of her flat. No need for an extinguisher, turning the power off to the microwave was enough. That was about 10 weeks ago.

"Get out" isn't at all the same thing as "Fire extinguishers are bad".

"Get out" isn't at all the same thing as "Fire extinguishers are bad".
I know many professional fire fighters. Brave courageous men. They have absolutely no idea of portable fire extinguishers.
Mr Pounder

It's rocket science.
Mr Pounder

You should do, they're a right laugh. If I was organising one I used to use the (nearby) oilrig training school, as they had a particularly generous attitude to how big a training fire needed to be, and if you were lucky they even let us ride the lifeboat drop (swapped that for letting some of them loose in our cars on a race track day).
I really must do the video format conversion and YouTube our DIY safety video entitled "Two idiots and a bucket of magnesium turnings demonstrate why you shouldn't use a hosepipe to (try to) extinguish it".
I am George Goble and I claim my T1 of bandwidth.

You should do, they're a right laugh. If I was organising one I used to use the (nearby) oilrig training school, as they had a particularly generous attitude to how big a training fire needed to be, and if you were lucky they even let us ride the lifeboat drop (swapped that for letting some of them loose in our cars on a race track day).
I really must do the video format conversion and YouTube our DIY safety video entitled "Two idiots and a bucket of magnesium turnings demonstrate why you shouldn't use a hosepipe to (try to) extinguish it".
I am George Goble and I claim my T1 of bandwidth.
Tell me, which extinguisher did you use to extinguish a magnesium fire?
Mr Pounder

I'm guessing, but I should think sand or dry powder or CO2.
--
Tim

Monnex. It is powder but would be better than ABC dry powder.
Mr Pounder

It's a Class D (burning metal) fire, so you can't.
The US Navy have two techniques for class D fires: the first is to use "Purple K", a dry powder, but not the usual dry powder. This doesn't work (we demonstrated this). Their second technique is to throw whatever is burning (up to and including whole aircraft) into the Pacific.
In article

Why doesn't excluding oxygen work?
--
Tim

It's a Class D (burning metal) fire, so you can't.
Yes.
The US Navy have two techniques for class D fires: the first is to use "Purple K", a dry powder, but not the usual dry powder. This doesn't work (we demonstrated this). Their second technique is to throw whatever is burning (up to and including whole aircraft) into the Pacific.
Andy Dingley wrote:

Bit of a bummer if you happen to be in the Atlantic.

Can't what?

That I want to see