Just Want To Make Sure ?

I am wanting to run some aerial cables and Sky cables to various rooms in the house.

I am not sure as to what coax cable to purchase.

Could anyone pass comment on this please ?

the_constructor

It appears to be unbranded and with no specification. Why not email them and ask for the spec?

As to what you need - you possibly need to design the system, rather than just run cables everywhere. You may want to explain in detail what you are trying to achieve (say, on one of the Sky newsgroups) and get their advice on how best to do it..You may find that you can do it with far fewer cables, and far more easily and cheaply, than your present plan..

Reply to
Palindr☻me

The advice I will give is that you are definately correct to use Satellite cable rather than standard co-ax as it contains a foil sheild to block out interference from other devices.

If you are running the cables outside, I suggest you purchase black cable. (Then paint it white if you have white walls!) as the UV Rays in the sun will break down the sheathing on white cable. This is a common problem with telephone extension cabling, particularly DIY bodges (mainly down to most DIY retailers only stocking white phone cable).

If you are running internally, by all means use white.

The advice about planning it should be heeded though. I spent a couple or three days researching wireless AV senders etc. before deciding that as I had the know-how and tools available, it would be cheaper and suit me more to run cables.

I just used a splitter from my roof aerial to feed 2 TV's with Freeview boxes. I was planning to buy a signal amplifier but it would appear I've been lucky and it's not required!

Hope this helps?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Douglas